Home Buyer Assistance
The City of Philadelphia and JPMorgan Chase want you to be a successful homeowner! We are offering a homebuyer assistance grant of $1,000* to assist with down payment or closing costs, if you complete a City-funded homeownership counseling program.
Homeownership counseling successfully prepares borrowers for this big life decision. If you participate in this FREE homeownership counseling, you will learn about:
- Purchasing a home within your budget
- Avoiding dangerous mortgages
- Rights and responsibilities of homeowners
- Mortgage application/purchase processes
- Improving credit, credit repair and maintenance
- Money management
- Home maintenance
- Avoiding foreclosure
What type of property is eligible?
The property must be a single-family home or duplex located in Philadelphia (no condominiums).
For additional housing information, visit www.phila.gov/dhcd or call 215-686-9749.
* Grants will be provided while funding is available. The grant cannot be used for other home-buying expenses
Who is eligible?
- You must be a first-time buyer
- You must complete homeownership counseling through a City-funded housing counseling agency before signing an Agreement of Sale.
- You must be income eligible (see chart below).
|Household Size||Maximum Annual Household Income|
(Income guidelines subject to change)
This program and grant is restricted to households below 115% of AMI.
How do I apply?
Contact a City-funded housing counseling agency. They will need:
- Total annual household income
- Source of that income (employment, SSI, DPA, etc.)
- Number of people in your household