What is the Adaptive Modifications Program?
The Adaptive Modifications Program (AMP) is designed to help individuals with permanent physical disabilities live more independently in their homes. It provides free adaptations to a house or an apartment, allowing easier access to and mobility within the home.
What types of modifications are made?
Following an inspection of the home by the Philadelphia Housing Development Corp. (PHDC), an eligible property may receive one or more of the following improvements:
- Accessible kitchens and bathrooms (such as lowered sinks, cabinets and countertops)
- Stairway elevators
- Exterior wheelchair lifts and ramps
- Barrier-free showers
- First-floor full and half-baths
- Widened doorways
Note: Home repairs are not included.
Who is eligible?
To receive services, applicants must be Philadelphia residents who:
- Have a permanent physical disability
- Are the owner-occupant or have the owner’s permission to make modifications
- Live in a property that is structurally sound
- Have not received AMP services in the past
- Are current with property taxes, or whose landlord is current with property taxes
- Meet income guidelines
Income is calculated using gross income for all members of the household.
|Household Size||Maximum Annual Household Income|
(Income guidelines subject to change)
How do I apply?
The first step in receiving PHDC services is to complete an Expression of Interest form. You may
- Complete and submit online an Expression of Interest form.
- download an Expression of Interest form and return it to PHDC by US Mail to:
PHDC, 1234 Market St., 17th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107
attn: B. Abdullahi
- speak to a PHDC operator by telephone at 215-448-2160, Monday through Thursday from 9:30 AM until 4:30 PM and Friday from 9:30 AM until 12:00 PM
- stop by PHDC’s office at 1234 Market Street, 17th Floor between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM to complete a written Expression of Interest form
You will need to provide:
- The name, address, telephone number and date of birth of the physically disabled person
- Number of people in the household
- Amount of total annual household income
Potentially eligible applicants are placed on a waiting list. Applicants are served on a first-come, first-served basis and may wait several years before receiving modifications.
Call the AMP Hotline at 215-448-2160 Monday – Thursday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and Friday between 9 a.m. and Noon. Hearing impaired persons only, call TDD at 215-448-2184.